Short-term Loans

The Graduate School, thru the Financial Aid office, offers emergency loans to enrolled graduate students who hold an asistantship or fellowship and have a need (e.g. books, rent, meals). The limit is $500 which must be repaid in 60 days. The student will need to complete paperwork in The Graduate School Office (Ashe 235) and bring his/her Driver’s license or passport, as well as his/her UM ID. The student then takes the paperwork to Student Accounts who processes the loan.  Once the paperwork is processed, the student should have access to funds same or next day. A graduate student is limited to making one such request per semester.  For additional details, contact the Graduate School at 305-284-4154.